Thanksgiving was great, as usual we got to spend time down in Gunnison with family. Kails first Thanksgiving was spent at our house as we didn't think a 3 week old would travel well and to be honest I would not have traveled well ether, so it was nice to go down for the holiday this year.
A few days before Thanksgiving as I was planning what we would need to pack, I realized that every part of a traditional Thanksgiving meal except for the turkey is pretty much baby food consistency. Think about it. Mashed potatoes - mushy, candy yams- mushy, cranberry sauce - mushy, stuffing - mushy, pumpkin/chocolate/coconut cream pie and whip cream all mushy . . . . even if Kail had fewer teeth then he does (I think we are up to 9 or 10 now), he could eat pretty much all of it.
When we are out or there are new people around, Kail refuses to nap, the kid can go ALL DAY, even when I try over and over again to get him to go down. So it was amazingly nice that as everyone gathered for the meal, Kail decided it was time for a nap, which meant that mom and dad got to actually eat a warm Thanksgiving meal. Kail woke up just after we finished cleaning most of the meal up and got to have his own Thanksgiving.
The rest of our holiday was spent hanging out with family and Kail got to spend some time playing with is cousin Nora. They really are cute together.
No comments:
Post a Comment