Jordan and I figured Kail would be too little to really enjoy the holiday this year, but we thought we would have some fun and dress him up. At first Jordan found this adorable monster custom, Which would have also gone with his birthday party, but when it arrived it was the size of a 4 year old. So we had to take it back and they didn't have one in his size so, he got to be a pirate, Captain Sticky Pants to be exact.
Our ward had a trunk-or-treat event back on October 22nd, and I worried because Kail seemed to hate wearing his costume. He kept tugging at his cravat and down right refused to wear the hat (which we put on him in the store when we bought the thing and he didn't care one wit about wearing). We gave him a binkie with a mustache but he just didn't want to put it in his mouth. He did discover chocolate covered rice crispy treats though and had a good time walking around the church entryway.
Halloween came and his daycare included the babies in their parade. Jordan and I both got off work early so we could go have some fun with him. This time I decided to try some makeup on him. I personally love the skull and cross bones (the sticker didn't require any of my questionable art skills on a wiggling annoyed little boy). Jordan and I both think it really made his custom better. The parade didn't take long but it was fun to see all the little kids in their costumes.
(The vertical line up his nose was due to one of those aforementioned wiggles and he refused to let me rub it back off.)
Jordan was holding Kail before the Parade and
Kail was flirting with anyone in the hall he could get to smile at him.
The two girls holding babies in this picture are his main caregivers.
He ardors both of them.
The parade wore Kail out, and just moments after it finished he was out for the count.
And he stayed out long enough that mom and dad were able to have dinner and carve a pumpkin.
Once he woke up I fed him his favorite meal of rice and beans and then the kids started to arrive.
At this point two of Kail's favorite things in the world got combined, outside and other kids. We usually sit out on our stairs so that the little kids don't have to climb all of our cement stairs in their ill-fitting costumes. I figured if it was warm enough (which it wasn't in my opinion) Kail could sit outside and hand out candy with us. Silly to take him trick-or-treating when he can't/shouldn't be eating candy anyway. But as soon as he realized all the other kids were walking around the neighborhood he went nuts. So like the over indulgent parents that we are, Jordan wrapped him up in a blanket and took him around the block in the stroller. I got to listen to him yell in excitement to the other kids from all the way down the block. Every once in a while Jordan would swing by the house thinking that Kail was cold and would want to be done, but he clearly just wanted to keep going so Jordan was a sport and just kept going.
It was pretty dark before Kail finally decided it would be kind of OK
if we were done. He would have kept going if we had wanted him too.
We then finished watching Hocus Pocus (Jordan got it as he thought it would be a fun kid friendly halloween movie) and Kail smushed some candy bars . . and we may have fed him a few as well. (Come on its Halloween, you can't not give him any candy). As far as first Halloweens go, I think he had fun. And if he was this excited this year, I'm a little afraid of next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment