Since the day Kial was born he has always pulled on his ears. So we always worry that they are bugging him and never know when it might be an ear infection. He is such a happy little boy he doesn't let you know anything is wrong until its really wrong. Jordan got to take a trip to St George with his Dad and Jonahs to visit his grandpa a few weeks ago and so of course that night Kail woke up screaming. We stayed up most of the night and luckily my pediatrician has Saturday hours so I was able to get him in and looked at. Of course I thought it was due to his very nasty cough but no turns out it was a bad ear infection again. Two weeks later we went back for his 15 month shots and found out that the antibiotics had not cleaned it up much. I should have figured they were not working when three days into the five day sequince he had a fevor of almost 103 but I guess I was being special again. So again he is on a different antibiotic and we are now headed to the ENT doctor to look at getting tubes in his ears. We figure Kail is always tugging at his ears because he ALWAYS has fluid behind them. The doctor believes this may also be why although he goes to sleep in his bed at night without a single fight he wakes up inconsolably screaming bloody murder at least once a night, and why at 15 months old he is still not really talking the way he "should" be. I always feel bad when I find out he has a bad ear infection because I must wait to long to take him to the doctor but seriously this is what he looks like two minutes before the doctors office visit where the doctor tells me he must be in a lot of pain all the time.
This was IHOP for breakfast after being up from 1:00 AM screaming all night. I'll keep you all up to date on the ear thing but for now he is on a very nice antibiotic that per the doctor "will kill EVERYTHING". And two days later he is now sleeping much better.
We FINALLY have a grocery store that isn't 20-30 minutes away from the house. Its actually across the street from Day Care so about a 5 min walk from our house. Yes its increased traffic which drives Jordan nuts but it has our bank and a pharmacy, and very nice deli and everything else you could want in a grocery store (no clothes but you get the idea) and I am loving it. I went to get Kails antibiotics here while Jordan was out of town and after seeing what I was picking up the bagger helped me out of the store to my car so I could get Kail out of the cold faster "with a bad ear he shouldn't have to be in this cold wind". I've never actually been to a store that would help me like that. Also Kail likes the carts he can "drive" around.
Yes that is a nasty bump on his head. He took a head dive into the corner of a book shelf at Day Care while chasing a baby around the room. It was literally two seconds after a drooped him off so I was still in the room. This picture is actually a week after it happened, you should have seen how bad it was, I thought he was going to end up with a black eye.
Kail has discovered the ability to walk around stores. Its fun watching him discover things but what is really funny is watching him try to dodge the lights on the floor that move as you walk. Its really bad in the grocery store. These are things adults who don't notice the floors so much anymore just don't think about.
We went to Lowes the other day to fix our toilet handle and Kail had a blast exploring the sprinkler aisle.
Kail is still loving day care, to the point where sometimes although I always get a hug when I arrive, he doesn't necessarily want to go home when I show up to pick him up. He is happy I'm there, but thinks maybe mommy will just stay and play. He still gets dropped off in the baby room in the morning but then he moves to the toddler room which has more grownup toys, his favorite is the kitchen set, no surprise as he loves to watch Jordan cook, and we get to have fun weekly activities.
This last weekend Jordan's cousin Rachel who works at the Leonardo Museum kindly let us come visit. We had so much fun!
There was a curved mirror that made it look like your own reflection was reaching out to touch you.
And there were robots that had buttons we could push that made noise.
And there was a big plain that we were able to get inside and drive. This of course had many buttons and switches to play with.
The next day was (for the first week in February) pretty warm, so for at least few minutes we got to go run around in the back yard. We thought Kail would like to ride his four wheeler around but he ended up just sitting on it a lot. He is going to love running around the backyard this summer.

I LOVE Lee's grocery store!!! That is where I shopped when we lived in Logan. I know Lee, though he probably wouldn't recognize me. His son John is probably running it now tho. John would recognize me, we hung out several times my first year in Logan. He was nice. And oh the stories I could tell you....
ReplyDelete