I have to admit, I'm a slacker mom and didn't do an Easter basket for Kail this year, OK lets face it I didn't do Easter at all this year. Which is why I'm so grateful for involved grandparents because Grandma Jackie and Grandpa Larry brought Kail an Easter basket full of adorable clothes and toys. Its hard to see in the shots I got but his shirt says "I am a Jedi, like my father before me." And there is this baseball hat that is so freaking cute! More pictures of all that to come I'm sure. And then Great grandma Hatch did an Easter hunt for us. Yea! we love you all for making holidays special!
For Easter weekend we went down to Gunnison like we usually do, but this was a bit different as it was Kail's first night away from home. We were hoping he would sleep in the car for most of the ride, but instead he decided to spend the ride down wide awake. We really are lucky he is such a good baby, even though he was wide awake and its a long drive for him, he didn't fuss at all, just sat in his chair and played with his toys or stared out the window.
When we got there I began cleaning up some fruit for JaNae's baby shower and Jordan took care of Kail. We quickly realized we had made a big mistake by leaving his jumper at home. Kail is just too heavy to hold ALL the time, so while I worked Jordan decided to go to the store and find something we could put Kail in to keep him off his head. I expected a jumper or a bumpo or something of that nature. To my surprise, Jordan came back with a cooler. . . . yes you read that right a food cooler. When he pulled up and I went out to go help, he showed me what he had bought. I of course thought he was joking and opened the other car doors to see what else he had, but no he was serious. And even more to my surprise it actually worked out well.
We then went over to Aunt Annette's house and had a nice baby shower for JaNae/Easter lunch.
After the shower Jordan took Kail out to meet the geese.
We spent the rest of the day hanging out and visiting.
The next morning we made our traditional "Grandpa's eggs" breakfast which includes Grandma's amazing waffles. After which Grandma put on an Easter hunt for us. This year we did it in the house which was good because it was a bit cold outside. Kail got to hang out with grandma Max while the rest of us tracked down all of Grandma's prizes. Grandma always makes Easter in Gunnison so much fun, even for her fully adult grandchildren.
Kail was so excited by everything going on that he really didn't want to take any naps, but he finally crashed as we were getting ready to go home, and slept almost the entire drive home.
No comments:
Post a Comment